Many people love to do some boating in the warm weather, and if you own a watercraft, you will know the value of having replacement boat parts when you need them. Boats will break down over time and require parts to keep them running.
Boats also require suppliers to maintain and operate on a regular basis. Many boat owners will also spend the time and money on different types of accessories to make their boats more functional.
Boat Parts That Need to be Frequently Replaced
There are a number of boat parts that need to be replaced regularly, and every boat owner should be aware of what they are. You just don’t want to get stranded on the water, and the Coast Guard does not offer free towing for non-emergency service situations anymore.
Let’s take a look at some of the different types of common boat parts below:
- Anchor’s Rope or Chain. Anchor chain links will be weakened over time, and the studs need to be inspected carefully for corrosion or cracks. If an anchor chain is weak and corroded, it needs to be replaced before you go out to sea. If you are using an anchor rope, make sure there are no cuts or abrasion that would cause the rope to break.
- Battery. Storage of over two months will decrease a battery’s power by 35%. Boat batteries should operate and at least 12 volts. The power of an operating battery assisted by an alternator will be at least 12.8 volts. Before you head out on the open water, make sure your battery is in good condition and does not leak and is fully charged.
- Main Belt. The main belt is connected to the alternator and water pump in most boats. It is an essential part of the functioning of the boat and should be always checked for wear and tear before heading out on the water. Carrying an extra main belt is always a great idea for everyone. Make sure you have the tools to replace it easily and properly.
- Alternator. The alternator replaces the electricity that the battery uses during the operation of the boat. It is an essential part of your boat’s operating system, and you should always check the battery power before heading out on the water to see if it loses power. If possible, keep a spare alternator on board with the tools to replace it with so you don’t get stranded out on the water.
- Engine Props. You may want to keep several different props for your engine, or in the case of a dual engine, you may want to have separate props for the different types. If you are going to replace your engine props in the water if they become damaged, you are going to need to have a snorkel, face mask, and suitable swimwear to enter the water and make the repairs. You will want to have a line that holds a bag to your wrist with the necessary tools to make your repairs so that they don’t become lost in the water.
Boat parts are always necessary to be replaced on a regular basis when you are operating a watercraft. However, it may not always be possible to carry replacement boat parts with you in the event of equipment failure on the water. Signing up for a boat towing services is one more step you can take to prepare for eventualities in the world of boating.
Where to Get Boat Supplies
There are many different online and offline marine supply stores that offer boat supplies. If you’re searching online and looking for “boat stores near me,” one really excellent source of high-quality boat supplies that you can depend on is Wholesale Marine. They offer a great selection of different boat parts, boat supplies, and boat accessories at affordable prices that won’t break your bank.
Some of the different boat parts, boat supplies, and boat accessories that they offer are as follows:
- Engine fuel and prop supplies
- Paints and maintenance supplies
- Trailer and safety supplies
- Anchors and docks
Wholesale Marine is a trusted supplier of boat parts and accessories that are used by many different people on a regular basis.
For Those Looking for Boat Supplies, Accessories, or Parts
Everyone who is looking for boat supplies, boat parts, or boat accessories needs to find the right value and the quality that they can depend on. It does not make sense to get low-quality parts for supplies, as it defeats the purpose and can leave you in dire straits.
For those who really want to be prepared before they go out on the open water, you need to know what there is to choose from when it comes to getting sources for supplies, boat parts, and accessories. Making a careful examination of sources and doing some research into what is available is important for every serious boater.
Feature image via Powerhouse Marine