Boat trailer lights play a big part in ensuring that those behind you know what you are doing when you are reversing your boat into the ocean. Having functioning boat trailer lights also ensures that you are operating legally within your state’s laws that govern motor vehicles. It is important to note that the best boat trailer lights should be submersible as they will be in water every occasionally. They should also be watertight and treated to prevent corrosion, which is likely to occur due to their constant contact with salty seawater.
With this in mind, we have reviewed several boat trailer lights to help you settle on the best version out there. There are several aspects to watch out for such as pros, and cons and its functionality. The market is flooded with different makes and types of boat trailer lights, but only a few will offer you exactly what you need. That is why we took the time to carry out this research to find out which brand of boat trailer lights will give you value for your money.
Boat Trailer Lights FAQs
When you want to buy something as functional as boat trailer lights, you should be aware of all the factors that make the product better than the next one. These are some of the most frequently asked questions about this product. We hope that these will help you get started in the right direction as you shop around for the best trailer lights out there.
1. What are Boat Trailer Lights?
Boat trailer lights as the name suggests are the lights found at the back of a boat trailer. These lights are usually used when backing up your boat into the sea to warn any vessels behind you of what you are doing.
2. What Do They Do?
As mentioned above, boat trailer lights are basically a warning to any vessels behind your trailer as you back up into the sea. They are an alert to watch out for you as you back your boat into the sea to avoid any accidents or incidences.
3. How Do They Work?
Boat trailer lights are wired into the trailer into the lighting circuit of the vehicle or the trailer. This may sound complex but is actually quite simple to mount and wire them on. Therefore, they work by using the same lighting functions of the trailer.
4. Where Can You Buy Them?
Boat trailer lights can be found in most shops that sell accessories for boats. You can also buy them online from stores such as Amazon.
5. What Kinds of Boat Trailer Lights are Available?
There are lots of different boat trailer lights out there, but the best are the submersible and watertight ones.
How We Reviewed
Buying boat trailer lights need one to know the intricacies of how they work and what makes one superior to the other. This requires more research into the technical operations of boat trailer lights. We, therefore, carried out this research on the top boat trailer lights in the market by looking at their features, pros, and cons. With this in mind, we have come up with a list of our top ten picks of this item as listed below.
What We Reviewed
These are the boat trailer lights that we reviewed for you
- SeaSense Tail Light, Low Profile Submersible Trailer Light
- OptronicsGloLight Red 6″ Oval Sealed 22-LED Trailer Light Kit
- Wesbar 407560 LED Waterproof 4 in. x 6 in. Low Profile Tail Light Kit
- Dry Launch SP7RBX-CL13 Shoreland’r Left Marine Replacement Tail Light
- MaxxHaul 70205 12V LED Trailer Light Kit
- 12V LED Trailer Lights by Wellmax
- CZC AUTO 12V LED Submersible Trailer Tail Light Kit
- Optronics TLL28RK Red LED Combination Tail Light Set
- Optronics TLL56RK Red Rectangular LED Combination Tail Light Kit
- Xiker LED Trailer Light Kit 12V Submersible Low Profile Stop Turn Tail Running Light
Boat Trailer Lights Comparison Table
1. SeaSense Tail Light, Low Profile Submersible Trailer Light
- Marine Grade Tinned Wires
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- Low Amp Draw For Longer Battery Life
This is a low-profile trailer light which is submersible. It features an impact resistant lens and corrosion resistant stainless steel hardware. This item also has thinned wires which are marine grade and a longer battery life thanks to its Low Amp Draw. It is also available individually or in a complete kit.
- Easy to install
- Well-built, therefore, it is durable
- Energy efficient
- An option of buying individually or as a kit
- It is expensive
This can be requested from customer service.
2. OptronicsGloLight Red 6” Oval Sealed 22-LED Trailer Light Kit
This item is constructed with durable polycarbonate and is sonically sealed and waterproof. This boat trailer light has a distinctive appearance which is important for easy visibility. Another great feature that this light has is that it is easy to install and has a lifetime LED Warranty. It comes in a kit which contains two tail lights, wires, and grommets.
- Easy to install
- Has a lifetime LED warranty
- Turn signals are not as bright as expected
- You must buy the full kit
It comes with a lifetime LED warranty.
3. Wesbar 407560 LED Waterproof 4 in. x 6 in. Low Profile Tail Light Kit
- Two waterproof low profile LED tail lights with 3 wire plug-in pigtail connector
- 25' trailer wiring harness cable 4-flat plug, 4' car wiring harness with 4-flat plug and license plate bracket
- Unique 4 in. x 6 in. compact design fits where space is limited
This item comes as a kit of two low profile LED tail lights which are waterproof. It also has a 3-wire plugin. It also comes with two different wiring harnesses and a license plate bracket. Its unique compact design allows it to fit even in small spaces.
- It is waterproof
- It is corrosion resistant
- It has a compact design
- It comes with a license plate bracket
- It is expensive
The warranty for this item is available when on request from customer service.
4. Dry Launch SP7RBX-CL13 Shoreland’r Left Marine Replacement Tail Light
- Air Trapping ? No Gaskets to Replace
- Uses existing Harness and Standard 2? Mounting Holes
- Designed to fight Sun and Saltwater
This item is submersible and waterproof and uses the air-trapping principle to keep dirty water away from the lenses. These lights, therefore, remain bright, clean and safe. They are also versatile with 7 functions. The installation of these lights is easy with an instant snap-out slide, which means you do not need tools to install.
- Easy to install
- They are submersible and corrosion resistant
- The lenses remain clean and clear
- Comes a single light
- It is expensive
The manufacturer’s warranty for this item is available on request.
5. MaxxHaul 70205 12V LED Trailer Light Kit
- Kit includes stop, tail and turn signal lights, two amber clearance lights and wiring harness
- Includes 23 and 4 foot 4-pole color coded wiring harness. Product Type: Lighting and Electrical
- High visibility LED taillights last longer than standard incandescent lights
This item comes as a kit which includes two signal lights, stop and tail lights and two clear amber clearance lights. It also comes with a wiring harness and UV coated jacks.
- It is affordable
- Comes as a kit
- The lights are bright
- Comes with installation hardware
- The wires are copper plated
- It is not durable
The manufacturer’s warranty on this item can be requested from customer service.
6. 12V LED Trailer Lights by Wellmax
- LOW PROFILE SUBMERSIBLE - Our trailer light has everything you need to get your lighting system up and running. Each kit...
- LONG-TERM USE - Do you know that our trailer lights are completely sealed and submersible? Its acrylic len are...
- FULLY COMPLIANT - Our lights are 100% compliant with DOT FMVSS108 standards. This ensures that your lights are federally...
This boat trailer lights are submersible and built with corrosion-resistant materials. The LED bulbs are super bright and durable, with up to 40 times longer life than ordinary bulbs. These lights are super versatile with a one-size-fits-all fitting.
- Corrosion and water resistant
- Super versatile
- Easy assembly
- It’s not attractive
This product’s warranty information is available on request from the seller.
7. CZC AUTO 12V LED Submersible Trailer Tail Light Kit
- Left and Right LED trailer tail Lights have 7 functions : Stop/Turn/Tail/Rear reflector/side reflector/side marker...
- 18 Gauge 100% pure copper wire harness ensure trailer lights LED do good job underwater! All diodes are LED, NOT Any...
- Excellent waterproof/Submersible lights for Boat trailer. Sonic Welding Sealing Technology ensures sealing solidity of...
This item comes as a kit which comprises two pairs of lights, a wiring harness, license plate bracket, and mounting hardware. It is also waterproof and submersible.
- Waterproof and submersible
- It comes as a kit
- Easy installation with its own mounting hardware
- Fittings are not rust resistant
The manufacturer’s warranty on this item is available on request.
8. Optronics TLL28RK Red LED Combination Tail Light Set
- Kit includes: STL28RB, STL29RB, mounting hardware
- SMD LED technology for reliable, waterproof performance
- Hardwired with separate ground
This is a micro-flex light which comes as a set of two lights. These lights are hard-wired and also come with separate ground wire.
- They are bright
- Have a lifetime LED warranty
- They are expensive
They have a lifetime LED Warranty
9. Optronics TLL56RK Red Rectangular LED Combination Tail Light Kit
- Red universal mount combination LED tail light kit
- Kit includes: STL56RB, STL57RB, 25-ft harness, license plate bracket, stainless steel mounting hardware
- Sealed, waterproof construction
This light comes as a pair which is marine treated. It is also waterproof and corrosion resistant. This item also has a universal mount making installation easy. This trailer light is hardwired and has separate ground wire.
- This item is waterproof
- It is corrosion proof
- It easy to install thanks to the universal mount
- It has a lifetime LED Warranty
- It is expensive
It has a lifetime LED Warranty.
10. Xiker LED Trailer Light Kit 12V Submersible Low Profile Stop Turn Tail Running Light
- FULL KIT READY-TO-INSTALL: Everything you need is included to get your lighting system up and running. Kit includes 2PCS...
- SUPER BRIGHT & DOT COMPLIANT: The Left light has 27 LEDs (Others' only 22 LEDs) and there are 9 white LEDs for lincense...
- ENHANCED WATERPROOF & SUBMERSIBLE: Unlike other trailer lights on the market, there are no screws holding the red...
The key features of this unit include a pair of multi-functional tail lights. It also comes with a wiring harness and the convenience of a mounting bracket. These boat trailer lights are waterproof, corrosion resistant. They also meet the standards of durability, reliability, and visibility. You will also get quality guaranteed LED lamp beads with a long life of up to 40 times than the normal bulbs.
- Convenient mounting
- This item is waterproof and corrosion resistant
- Durable and reliable
- Superior visibility
- Difficult to install
You can find out the warranty information for this product when you contact the seller.
Boat Trailer Lights are an important element in any boat. However, due to the difference in features, it is important to be careful when choosing the best trailer lights for your boat. According to our review, we are convinced that the 12V LED Trailer Lights brand by Wellmax tops the list. It offers an all-round experience of durability coupled with functionalities such as brightness, water-proof features, and ease of installation. In addition, the 12V LED Trailer Lights brand fits in the position because it is affordable and easy to assemble.
Last update on 2021-06-17 at 21:18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API