Image from Amazon
In the summers during elementary school, my brother and father would take an annual retreat to Lake of the Ozarks and go fishing. I’ll never forget when I caught a gar, or how tedious it was trying to untangle fishing line or deal with a long fishing rod. It was always a pain trying to haul around the fishing rods and a struggle to pull them apart when the lines got tangled. If we had the best telescopic fishing rod, it would have saved a lot of time and hassle.
However, note that the best telescopic fishing rod models aren’t revered by expert anglers. Instead, they serve as an inexpensive entry-level model that has the massive advantage of compact convenience. This makes them well suited for many purposes, including backpacking, and survival camping.
What to Look for in the Best Telescopic Fishing Rod
Image from Amazon
There are three main qualities to look for in the best telescopic fishing rod. First of all, you want a strong and lightweight rod with fiberglass and carbon fiber composite materials.
Secondly, ceramic insets on the eyelets are advantageous because they apply only a minimal amount of friction to the line.
Finally, you’ll want to consider your skill level as a fisherman and whether or not you need a combo set. The advantage of a combo set is that they’re comprehensive, and don’t require you to purchase additional fishing tools.
How the Best Telescopic Fishing Rod is Better Than a Normal Fishing Rod
Image from Amazon
The best telescopic fishing rod is better than a normal fishing rod, especially for novices, campers, and backpackers, because it’s so compact and convenient.
They’re so small you can easily fit them on or in a camping backpack or day bag without weighing yourself down or wasting room in your pack. A traditional two-piece or one-piece fishing rod is much more cumbersome to haul around.
Frequently Asked Questions
Image from Amazon
Unless you’re an expert fisherman, it’s common to have questions regarding the best telescopic fishing rod.
1. Are the best telescopic fishing rod models as strong as regular fishing rods?
The best telescopic fishing rods are strong due to their blended carbon fiber and fiberglass composition. However, high-end expert rods are typically stronger and rated for a thicker and stronger line.
2. What are the advantages of the best telescopic fishing rod?
The main advantages of the best telescopic fishing rod are compactness and portability.
3. What maintenance do I need to perform on the best telescopic fishing rod?
One of the most crucial maintenance tasks for the best telescopic fishing rod is regularly cleaning and lubricating the reel to protect its longevity.
4. Does the best telescopic fishing rod use a regular line?
Yes, the best telescopic fishing rod models use the same fishing line as a traditional rod.
5. Can I use the best telescopic fishing rod for fly fishing?
Entry-level telescopic fishing rods can technically be used for fly fishing, but it is undesirable. However, some manufacturers design telescopic fishing rods specifically for fly fishing.
How We Reviewed
We reviewed the best telescopic fishing rod models in several ways. First of all, we researched reviews and brands’ reputations through independent reviewers and YouTube comparisons. Commonly, experienced anglers said the best telescopic fishing rod models cater to novices and those seeking convenience.
In addition, we also took positive and negative Amazon customer reviews into account. And naturally, we also accounted for each products overall Amazon rating.
Image from Amazon
Introducing the Best Telescopic Fishing Rod
The best telescopic fishing rod models are sometimes packaged into full kits that have everything you need.
- ULTRALIGHT WEIGHT - Sougayilang OnlyBrave Telescoping Fishing Rods Are Made Of High Density 24 Ton Carbon Fiber And...
- PORTABLE DESIGN - The OnlyBrave Telescopic Fishing Rod Is Portable, And Closed Length And Retractable Handle Design...
- STURDY REEL SEAT - The CNC Machined Aluminum Reel Seat Is Light, Strong, And Corrosion Resistant, Locks Your Reel On...
The first of the best telescopic fishing rod models is the Sougayilang Ultralight Fishing Rod. The manufacturer designed this model to be strong and light and make it out of a blend of e-glass and high-density carbon fiber.
It has a closed length and retractable handle to complement its telescopic features to better make it compact, too. Plus, the spinning guides consist of stainless steel and resist corrosion when you take it saltwater fishing.
We also liked that the manufacturer backs this product with an adequate 1-year warranty. In addition, note that even though this rod has high-quality materials, it is incredibly inexpensive.
Altogether, it did well on Amazon too, where it earned 4.2 stars out of 5.0 stars. A leading positive review claimed the manufacturer has great customer service, which is a crucial factor in any industry. Unfortunately, a leading critical review remarked that their rod broke on the first day.
- Fishing rod reel combos with carrier bag and nessary accessories for fishing,include: One carbon fiber telescopic...
- The Rod:high density carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass make the fishing pole hard & durable,the hard and Light Weight...
- The Reel: This reel has 13 + 1 corrosion resistant smooth ball bearings, precision matched gears and a powerful 5.5:1...
Sougayilang manufactures the next of the best telescopic fishing rod alternatives as well. The Sougayilang Combo Fishing Rod has a wider price range than the previous model and can cost significantly more, depending on what accessories and ancillary features you purchase.
All of the various packages include, at their core, a carbon fiber telescopic fishing rod, a fishing reel, a carrier bag, fishing lures, and fishing line.
The rod itself consists of high-density carbon fiber blended with fiberglass. Also, we found it interesting that the guide rings are ceramic, providing a low coefficient of friction against the fishing line.
This model earned a decent 4.0 stars out of 5.0 stars from Amazon customer reviews too. However, a negative reviewer claimed that the spinning reel fell apart on only the fourth use.
On a more positive note, a review said it’s a great beginner combo, and that it works great.
- 🎣 Warm Prompt: Fishing rod(6.89FT)+reel(No Lures & Line) Include 1 Fishing Rod +1 Fishing Reel.
- 🎣 PLUSINNO Telescopic Fishing Rod are constructed with High Density 24-Ton Carbon Fiber reinforced with Fiberglass...
- 🎣 HA 3000 Fishing Reel With CNC Machine Cut Collapsible Handle, Left / Right Interchangeable The Rod Import...
The PLUSINNO Fishing Rod Combo is another suitable alternative for the best telescopic fishing rod combos. However, note that this model is slightly more expensive than the previous two models.
The basic combo set comes with on telescopic fishing pole and one spinning reel with shielded bearings. But the full set includes everything in the basic set, plus fishing line, an assortment of lures and hooks, a carrier bag, and some other minor accessories.
The manufacturer claims that it designed the full kit for novices, so they don’t have to purchase any additional necessities. In addition, note that the steel guides have ceramic inserts for low friction.
Overall, this model earned 4.1 stars out of 5.0 stars from Amazon customer reviews. And a negative customer review commented that even though this model looks nice, they thought it was poor quality.
A positive customer review, however, said they were impressed with the quality of this rod and that it’s great for backpacking trips.
No products found.
The next alternative for the best telescopic fishing rod is the FishOaky Fishing Rod. Like the previous models, note that this rod is priced near the middle-to-low end of the spectrum. But unlike the previous two models, this is not a full kit and is only a rod and reel.
Unsurprisingly, this model also consists of a blend of carbon fiber and fiberglass to make it equal parts strong and light.
We were also pleased to see that it comes with a one-year warranty and that it consists of durable materials. It does, of course, have ceramic inserts in the guides. But it also has reel seats consisting of high-strength nylon.
And Amazon customer reviewers rated this model 4.3 stars out of 5.0 stars. A positive review said this model is handy for spontaneous trips and that it helps them travel light. On a more negative note, a leading critical review claimed that this product was difficult for them to assemble.
- SOLOSCOPIC PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY – KastKing KastFlex Toray 24-Ton Carbon Matrix blank and solid glass tip section...
- MULTIPURPOSE – The KastKing BlackHawk II travel fishing rod is available in 14 lengths and actions in travel spinning...
- CONVENIENT- Besides the obvious advantage of easy travel over the traditional 1 & 2 pc fishing rods, they save valuable...
KastKing manufactures the next option of the best telescopic fishing rod models. Also, be aware that the KastKing Blackhawk has a price more towards the middle-to-high end of the market for entry-level telescopic fishing rods.
We did like that the manufacturer claims this model is quick and easy to assemble, and that it provides an instructional video.
In addition, we found it interesting that this model, unlike the previous four, has graphite reel seats and EVA (Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate) foam around the handle.
The manufacturer also claims that this model saves time over a traditional one- or two-piece rod. This model saves time and hassle because you can leave the reel on the rod if you wish.
All in all, Amazon customers rated this model 4.4 stars out of 5.0 stars. But a leading critical review remarked that this model is super fragile and poorly designed. On the other hand, a positive customer review said the Blackhawk is a great rod and that it’s both well made and durable.
- ▶ Premium Fishing Rod: This fishing rod is well-made from 24T Carbon Fiber with stainless steel hooded reel seat,...
- ▶ Extra Smooth Reel: Exquisite aluminum spool with double color, wooden knob, interchangeable right/left hand foldable...
- ▶ Multiple Accessories: This fishing poles kit includes: 1* telescopic fishing rod+ 1* fishing reel+1*EVA carrier...
Magreel makes the next suitable alternative for the best telescopic fishing rod models. Do note, however, that this model is pricier than the preceding alternatives.
And the manufacturer claims it’s a premium rod, and that it has an exquisite aluminum spool with double color and a wooden knob.
At any rate, we did like that the knob on this model is reversible, and can transition to accommodate right and left-handed fishers.
In addition, we also liked that it comes with several accessories. Apart from the rod and reel, it also comes with an EVA carrier bag, fishing line, tackle and lures, and other minor accessories.
This model earned a healthy 4.0 stars out of 5.0 stars from Amazon reviews, too. Positive customer reviews said this rod is sleek and sturdy, and that it readies them to fish at a moment’s notice.
On the other hand, a critical review said the line guide at the tip shredded their fishing line.
- 🎣 It's the best gift to send father, son, husband, fiancé, boyfriend for the upcoming Christmas.
- 🎣 Perfect elasticity, high density Carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass makes your fishing pole hard & durable.
- 🎣 Aluminum Oxide Guide Inserts; Closed Length: 43 cm 17 inches. Opened Length: 2.1 M 6.89 Ft; Weight：6 oz; Section:...
The next of the best telescopic fishing rod models is different than the preceding models. This PLUSINNO rod is, as the manufacturer claims, designed specifically for saltwater fishing.
Also, regardless of which package or combo kit you select, this model is very inexpensive.
Naturally, it consists of carbon fiber and fiberglass composite, and it has aluminum oxide guide inserts. We found that interesting since most other models opt for ceramic inserts. In addition, note that the reel seats are aluminum.
Overall, this model scored 4.2 stars out of 5.0 stars from aggregate customer reviews. Positive reviews said this model worked well in saltwater in Hawaii, and that it’s easy to transport.
Conversely, a negative customer review claimed that their pole snapped.
- HIGHLY PORTABLE AND LIGHT WEIGHT: Spinning rod and case set was built with portability in mind. It will work perfect to...
- ULTRA LIGHT AND SUPER STRONG: Pole was engineered to be ultra light, compact and small in size so you can take it...
- ONLY FIVE SECTIONS FOR STRENGTH: Many fresh water retractable telescope rods have six or more sections making them more...
The next best option for the best telescopic fishing rod is a High Altitude Brands model. If you select the highest-end package, this model is more expensive than all of the previous models.
The manufacturer markets this model as a hiking and backpacking unit too. In addition, High Altitude Brands touts this rod as being perfect for trout, bass, bluegill, and other panfish.
It has five extending sections and only weighs six ounces for easy portability.
Plus, Amazon customers rated this model 4.3 stars out of 5.0 stars. And a leading customer review claimed their model was missing pieces on arrival. However, a positive customer review said it was high quality, compact, and light.
- 【WHAT YOU GET】All-In-One Fishing Kit includes essential fishing accessories: 1 Fishing Rod + 1 Fishing Reel +...
- 【TELESCOPIC FISHING POLE】 High-density carbon fiber material makes your fishing pole lightweight, high hardness and...
- 【POWERFUL SPINNING REEL】Spinning reel with hardened metal main shaft, precision machined zinc alloy pinion gear,...
SupsShop makes the next best telescopic fishing rod alternative, and prices this model towards the middle-to-high end of the entry-level model spectrum. And it has a hooded reel of stainless steel to protect itself against seawater.
Additionally, the reel has eight smooth ball bearings that are corrosion resistant yet powerful. Plus, the handle is made of machined aluminum and is collapsible too.We were pleased to see that it comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty, which is fairly common among competing brands.
All in all, be aware that this model earned 4.1 stars out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. And multiple positive reviews claimed this model is great for learners. Unfortunately, a leading disgruntled review said the tip snapped off their rod when they hooked a decent-sized fish.
- About the collapsible fishing rod: With English instructions.Extended Length:1.31m/1.31m/51.6in Length of...
- Portable pocket fishing rod: This rod and reel integrated fishing rod comes with 80m 3# fishing line and the fishing...
- Perfect youth fishing pole:The length of the fishing rod is 1.31m.It is very suitable for inshore fishing.Simple...
The final model of the best telescopic fishing rod is an Amitofo model. One thing we really liked about this model is how compact it is. Not only is it telescopic, but it is also foldable. In fact, the manufacturer goes as far as naming it a pocket fishing rod.
This model is fairly inexpensive yet long when fully extended at 1.31 meters in length. It does come with a velvet carrying bag for protection and transportation and consists of high-strength ABS and glass fiber. Furthermore, note that the line capacity is 0.234 millimeters per 131 yards.
We do wish this model had a higher volume of reviews, though currently, it earned 5.0 stars out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. Positive reviews (there were no critical reviews) commented that it’s durable, sturdy and that it doesn’t take up much room.
Catching a Good Deal on the Best Telescopic Fishing Rod
The best telescopic fishing rods are great for children, novices, and backpackers alike. Another key advantage of the best telescopic fishing rod is that it’s a low-cost investment that will allow you to dip your toes into the fishing world without breaking the bank.
If you have any personal experience with the aforementioned telescopic fishing rods or want to share any of your fishing stories, please comment below.
Last update on 2022-10-01 at 11:39 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API